Please see below for answers to information relating to Emmanuel Catholic College and the emerging COVID-19 situation.
Information is kept up to date as much as possible, however, are subject to change given the rapidly changing environment.
UPDATED 5 JUNE 2020, 10.30am
All media enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The health and safety of our students and staff is of utmost priority. Among many other initiatives, all students and staff are educated on and reminded to practise safe hygiene, hand sanitiser and cleaning wipes is available and used in all classrooms and across the College and additional cleaning operations have been put into place.
In a school situation, it is not always realistic to practise social distancing. Where possible, social distancing in classrooms is being undertaken. Strict hygiene practises are in place at all times and locations at the College (see ‘Hygiene’ above). Duty Teachers are in place around the College to ensure students are reminded to practise safe hygiene and social distancing where possible.
All students and parents are advised that the College currently has the following intentions in relation to Semester 1 Examinations.
• Exams for ATAR classes will occur in Weeks 5 & 6. Weightings are unchanged and remain as advised in course outlines. (NB. SCSA is still working towards WACE exams occurring in November)
• General ESTs have been postponed. SCSA will inform the College in due course when these will be re-scheduled. General students are not required to attend school during the examination weeks (except to complete any ATAR exams that may be required). General classes may however have common assessment tasks leading up to the examinations or assignment tasks to complete during this period.
• ATAR exams will occur in Weeks 5 & 6. Content covered in exams will be adjusted to cater for loss of teaching time. Weightings are likely to be unchanged and remain as advised in course outlines. Individual teachers will confirm with their classes.
• There will be no general examinations. General students are not required to attend school during the examination weeks (except to complete any ATAR exams that may be required). They may however have common assessment tasks leading up to the examinations or assignment tasks to complete during this period.
• Exams are intended to occur from Wednesday Week 9 – Tuesday Week 10.
• A decision will be made regarding the weighting of these examinations during Week 5 considering updated information in relation to Covid-19.
Students are required to be attired in full winter uniform.
As of Monday 8 June, students will be expected to return to normal College uniform arrangements. This means:
Years 7 – 10 students are required to wear their Physical Education uniform on the days they have timetabled Physical Education lessons (except Tuesdays). This does not include Health and Physical Education elective subjects or other elective subjects that require their Sport uniform. (e.g. Sport and Outdoor Education, Specialised Physical Education, Dance, etc.) These students are required to change before and after class.
On Tuesdays all students are required to wear their formal uniform for the duration of the day. Any student with any Physical Education classes must bring their Physical Education uniform to school separately and change.
Year 12 students may not wear their Leavers Jackets on Tuesday and must wear their College Blazer to and from school.
Students who have school sport training after school may wear the Physical Education uniform home.
Every Friday will be House Shirt Friday for the remainder of Term 2.
The Uniform Shop will be open:
Tuesday 7:45am to 1:00pm
Thursday 12:00pm to 5:00pm
The Uniform Shop has strict hygiene practices in place and we request that you adhere to social distancing guidelines when visiting.
Educational service continues to be provided; therefore, school fees will remain.
The ongoing enrolment of every child at Emmanuel Catholic College is guaranteed irrespective of a family’s financial situation.
If Parents and Caregivers are worried about their financial situation and their capacity to pay school fees, the following financial options are immediately available:
· Reduced fee payment plans by extending the payment period from October 2020 to December 2020.
· Freeze fee payments with immediate effect to 1 July 2020. Please make contact with Ann Beath in the Finance office to discuss your financial situation via email@example.com so we can help and support you and your family in this time of need to enable your child’s ongoing education at our school. Choosing this option will require you to make contact with our Accounts office to reinstate your payment instruction as our accounting system does not allow automatic freezing of fees, current payment instructions have to be cancelled and reinstated to continue the payment plan.
· The Healthcare Card Discount scheme which is means tested by Centrelink provides fee concession to holders. Applications currently close on 9 April 2020 but under “extenuating circumstances”, applicants are required to write a brief message to accompany the application should a form be submitted late.
Any arrangements made between Parents / Caregivers and our school will remain confidential.
If you have any queries in relation to your school fee account, please do not hesitate to contact Ann Beath in the Finance office on 9414 4050 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Large scale events, Whole School Assemblies, Whole School Mass, College Tours and Sport fixtures have been cancelled until further notice.
• Some co-curricular activities will start to resume from Week 5, 25 May. Students will be advised of the arrangements from the teacher in charge.
• School tours, excursions and camps have been cancelled until otherwise advised.
How to talk to your kids about coronavirus:
This is a comic for children explaining the coronavirus:
A 4 minute animated clip for children on coronavirus: